It’s third quarter 2019 and the engaging power of video is still dominating the social media stage. And here’s why it matters to your brand: Video makes engaging connections and starts a brand-centered conversation with your customers.
More than any other channel, video quickly and effectively delivers your brand message: Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined; and video drives 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines (Brightcove).
A Renderforest survey found that among businesses using video as part of their social media strategy:
- 78% got more traffic to their website after using videos
- 69% generated more leads with the help of video content
- 54% increased their sales
Still not sure video is right for your brand?
Video is essential to helping share your story: It provides instant brand gratification; and regardless of industry or budget, it’s a channel easily incorporated into your marketing program. Its staying power underscores that video is a must for your brand marketing: Online video will make up 82% of internet traffic by 2021. (Cisco)
Incorporating video is easier than you think.
Creating original, compelling, relevant content that makes a brand connection with your audience—that’s the goal of video marketing. There’s a lot of organic-content ideas for videos:
- Roundup The Team—take a camera around the office and have people briefly speak about the latest product introduction or community service activity
- Focus on Live Customer Service—create a montage that captures customer service and support in action
- Develop a How-To video that showcases a process or innovation
- Answer customers’ FAQs in a conversational, engaging way
If you’re at a loss for creative direction, click below to access a list of Video Marketing Ideas from MarketingProfs: 21 Video Marketing Ideas for Small-Business Budgets
A recent study from Ascend2 found that the most effective video for converting sales leads include these topics:
- customer testimonials
- demo videos
- explainer/tutorial videos
What’s great about these video themes is that the scripts practically write themselves: Capturing a testimonial or demonstrating a product or service are stories that authentically speak to your brand and its benefit to your customers. In other words: You know your brand best, so use that information to tell your story through video.
And then share your best videos with us on Facebook—we’ll help continue the brand conversation.