Trade shows are a fantastic opportunity for businesses to showcase their products and services to potential customers and partners. When you consider that 81% оf trаdе ѕhоw attendees hаvе buуіng authority (CEIR), it’s no surprise that 70% of businesses generated new leads and brand awareness from trade shows in 2022 (Display Wizard). These events hold a captive audience waiting to learn more about your product or innovation.
To make a lasting brand impression on this high-value audience, use unique and practical promotional items and giveaways. The brand-building possibilities are endless, from personalized pens to tech gadgets to sustainable tote bags.
But how do you know which promo items will hit the mark? Start by learning to choose the best items to make your brand stand out at your next trade show while creating a special connection with attendees.
Follow these tips for choosing the best promo items for trade show giveaways.
- Know your audience. Understand your target audience and select promotional items that appeal to them. For example, choose power banks or USB drives if your audience is tech-savvy.
- Keep it relevant. Go with items relevant to your brand or industry. Example: If you’re in the food industry, consider giving away custom-branded kitchen gadgets.
- Make it practical. You want people to use and keep your branded giveaways, so choose useful and functional items, like reusable drinkware or tote bags.
- Consider branding. Your promotional items should have your logo prominently displayed. Choose items that have enough surface area for brand visibility.
- Budget-friendly. Choose items that fit within your budget. Plenty of affordable options are available, such as pens, notepads, and hand sanitizers.
- Quality. Giveaways directly reflect your brand, so choose items that are good quality—avoid anything cheap or flimsy.
- Stand out. Select a unique and memorable promo to help your brand stand out from other vendors at the trade show and make an impression on attendees.
- Consider sustainability. Display Wizard reports that 92% of businesses plan to be more sustainable when exhibiting at trade shows this year. So, consider eco-friendly options, such as bamboo utensils or seed packets, to promote environmental awareness.
After establishing your budget, figuring out whom you’re targeting, and identifying what types of promotional items and swag best represent your industry and brand, it’s time to shop. We’ve done the legwork, rounding up the hottest trade show promo that’s making memorable brand connections this year.
Trending Trade Show Giveaways for 2023
Phone & tech accessories.
With most of us regularly reaching for our phones—Zippia reports that on average, Americans check their phones at least 96 times per day, or once every ten minutes —branded phone and tech accessories make a useful and practical giveaway. On-trend items include the Rozie 5-in-1 multitool Tech Detail Kit—great for keeping your phone, tablet, keyboard, and ear pods nice and clean; Prime Line silicone earbud case with carabiner to keep them safe; and MopToppers screen cleaner with stylus pen combo.
More brandable everyday tech essentials include phone chargers, power banks, microfiber cleaning cloths, a neoprene tech cord/cable case, and silicone pockets like the Leeman Tuscany™ card holder with a metal ring phone stand.
A clean sweep.
You want your tradeshow giveaways to be used—and quick-cleanup items are economical, functional choices that can be conveniently stashed in a desk, purse, or backpack: A compact stain-removing pen that quickly eliminates fresh food and drink stains; a pocket pack of lint sheets that lifts lint and pet hair from clothing; or mini hand sanitizer gels or pens.
From reusable, recycled cotton twill tote bags to customized water bottles or reusable cups with your company logo—these practical, on-trend items are a great way to promote your brand and be eco-friendly at the same time.
Seek the unique.
To stand out among the sea of branded pens and lanyards, you might choose unexpected items, like luggage tags, pocket measuring tapes, and collapsible travel bowls. Go with a seasonal item like the poker chip ball marker; or the ever-popular Doodle Coloring Notebook—a versatile paper journal that includes 40 white sheets plus lined paper for notes and coloring pages for doodling.
A final thought about trade show swag
Free brand swag and giveaways have become trade shows essentials for most exhibitors. In other words: there’s a lot of competition out there. So, to make sure you connect and leave a lasting impression on attendees, consider the promotional items and giveaways you choose.
Our team at Shamrock helps brands stand out at trade shows and special events with unique and trending promo items. So, reach out if you’re preparing for a trade show, convention, or pop-up event. We’ve got some excellent brand swag options at every price point.