Digital advertising has hit its stride—and shows no signs of slowing down. As consumers, it feeds our desire for on-demand information; and as advertisers, digital channels deliver instant gratification through real-time feedback. Unlike the old days of launching campaigns and waiting on outcomes, modern digital advertising provides campaign tracking and results that help us to make stronger and more immediate brand connections.
As with any channel, it’s smart to stay apprised of best-practices. If you’re ready to brush up on your digital advertising skills—rules that also apply to digital marketing—a recent Forbes article offers five tips to help you maximize your next campaign:
1. Use Clear Calls-To-Action. Tell your audience what you want them to do next: Upgrade today. Book now. Get involved. Successful campaigns include a call to action (CTA) that is clear, concise—and brand-driven.
Consider that your message is likely being viewed on a device that’s also displaying pop-up ads and alerts, so make your CTA stand out with clean, crisp graphics: It should funnel the reader to the next step, which is closer to the point of conversion.
2. Create Compelling Messaging. A study from Microsoft Corp. found that people generally lose concentration after eight seconds. So, keep it simple; and always, make it relevant. Consider that digital advertising doesn’t offer much space to work with: Make every word count by using colorful language, evoking emotion, highlighting value, providing incentive, or making a strong brand connection.
3. Link to Designated Landing Pages. You’ve got your audience knocking at your front door; now, you need to welcome them in: Drive users to a landing page on your site that is relevant to them—this will help with user engagement, strengthen brand identity and boost conversion rates.
4. Imagery Matters: Make It Memorable. Capture the user’s attention by using graphics and images that resonate. Again, your ad is likely competing with other online content, so use images that draw the user in and that tell your brand story.
5. Test, Monitor & Redeploy. Start by paying attention to the finer details: Test your campaign first by deploying and making sure that all links function properly and that messaging is targeted to the correct segment.
After launching the campaign, track results. If one segment is out-performing another, take a look at the messaging and consider retargeting. The beauty of digital is the real-time tracking and the ability to edit and then quickly redeploy to deliver the right message, to the right audience, at the right time.
The Forbes article offers some great examples of digital ad campaigns done right. To read the entire article, click on the link below:
Do you have digital advertising tips or rules that guide your campaigns? Please share your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.