Despite the popularity of social channels, tried and true email marketing remains essential for successful branding. Because people can check their email at any time on multiple devices, connecting with your audience through their inbox is easier than ever.
Beyond its convenience, email marketing is an effective tool for engaging your audience, nurturing customer relationships, and driving conversions. In fact, HubSpot shares these recent stats that prove its worth:
- 99% of consumers check their email daily, and it is by far the preferred way to receive brand updates.
- 73% of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email.
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI, and marketers who used segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
Why you need email marketing in 2023
In addition to the convincing statistics about the power of email, here’s why email marketing is essential to integrate into your brand’s program:
1. It’s direct: Email allows you to communicate directly with your audience in a personal and targeted way. Unlike social media or display advertising, where messages can easily get lost in the noise, emails land directly in your subscriber’s inbox for a one-on-one connection.
2. It helps build relationships: Email is invaluable for nurturing customer relationships and creating long-term loyalty. By sending relevant and valuable content to your subscribers, you can establish yourself as an authority while providing ongoing support.
3. It’s granular: By segmenting your subscriber email lists based on various criteria (demographics, purchase history, etc.), you can create highly targeted campaigns. These relevant touches can increase engagement, ultimately driving higher conversion rates.
4. It’s personal: By leveraging automation, you can send timely and relevant emails triggered by specific actions or events, like welcome series or abandoned cart reminders. Email personalization features enable you to address subscribers by name, tailor content based on their preferences, and create a more individualized experience.
5. It’s measurable: Email marketing provides robust analytics and insights which allow you to track the success of your campaigns. Open, click-through and conversion rates offer valuable data for optimization and future decision-making.
If you’re still not convinced about email marketing, consider that almost everyone uses email.
- 99% of email userscheck their email daily—some as much as 20 times a day.
- 58% of users check their email before they check out social media or the news.
Email is a preferred marketing channel with a host of brand-building benefits. But how do you ensure your email stands out in a crowded inbox? Try these tips:
Email marketing tips that convert
1. Know Your Audience.
The foundation of any successful email marketing campaign lies in understanding your audience. Take the time to research and segment your subscribers based on demographics, preferences, and behaviors. This knowledge will enable you to tailor your content to their needs and interests, making your emails more relevant and engaging. Remember, a personalized email has a higher chance of catching your reader’s attention.
2. Don’t Overlook the Subject Line:
Your subject line is the gateway to your email. It’s like the cover of a book: if it doesn’t grab attention, no one will bother opening it. Craft subject lines that are concise, compelling, and curiosity-provoking. Avoid generic phrases and focus on creating a sense of urgency, offering exclusive benefits, or teasing intriguing content. Experiment with personalization and A/B testing to discover what resonates best with your audience.
3. Make It Easy to Digest:
Once your reader opens your email, make sure your content is clear, concise, and to the point. Avoid lengthy paragraphs and use short sentences, bullet points, and subheadings to improve readability. Using infographics is also an effective way to simplify complex processes or statistics. And use a conversational tone that is approachable and relatable, creating a connection with your audience. Link: Shamrock blog: How to Use Infographics to Grow Your Brand Reach
4. Use Compelling CTAs:
A strong call-to-action (CTA) is crucial to guide your readers toward the desired action. Use action-oriented language and make your CTAs stand out visually, whether through color, size, or placement. Be clear about what you want your audience to do, whether making a purchase, signing up for an event, or downloading an e-book. Make it easy for them to act with a simple and prominent CTA button.
5. Optimize for Mobile:
In this mobile-centric era, your emails must be optimized for smartphones and tablets. Ensure your email templates are responsive and adapt seamlessly to different screen sizes. Keep your design simple, avoid small font sizes, and use visuals sparingly to enhance load times. By optimizing for mobile, you’ll provide a seamless user experience and increase the chances of your emails being read and engaged.
6. Test, Analyze, and Optimize:
To be effective, email marketing requires continuous testing and optimization. Experiment with subject lines, visuals, and CTAs, and send times to understand what resonates best with your audience. Analyze your email metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions, to gain insights into your campaign’s performance. Then, use these insights to refine and optimize your future campaigns for even better results.
Personalized and relevant content is essential to building strong customer and prospect relationships. Email marketing is a powerful and effective tool for creating and nurturing those connections over time. And if you’re looking for help developing email marketing campaigns for your brand, reach out. Our team is here for you.